Updated: Sep 26, 2021
Homemade LIMONCELLO y’all! This is such a fun little project at home to impress guest or to give as a gift!
What you need:
10 organic lemons or Meyers lemons (washed and dried)
1 750-ml bottle vodka (80 proof or higher)
1 to 4 cups sugar, to taste (I like less sweet, so I used one)
1. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the peels from all the lemons.
2. Transfer the lemon peels to jar and cover with vodka.
3. Let the the mixture infuse for 4 days
4. Make a simple syrup with sugar and water over heat, to taste.
5. Strain the lemons & add the simple syrup
6. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving!
This will be good for one month if stored in the fridge and a year of in the freezer!
Watch this fun video to show how it is done!